Thursday, November 4, 2010
Drew's Reviews: Goldeneye Wii
What is it: A re-boot of the classic N64 shooter game, Goldeneye, for the Nintendo Wii.
When’s it come out: November 2nd, 2010.
Who’s in it: Daniel Craig is James Bond, Judy Dench is M, and because no Bond installment would be complete without an evil-but-hot temptress, Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls sings the theme.
• It’s all the familiar levels from the N64 game loaded with new challenges for the Wii.
• There are WAY more things that blow up when you shoot them now.
• The N64 version was legendary because of the multi-player mode and they haven’t forgotten this with the new version. Head to the archives, grab a rocket launcher and blow your best friend to smithereens! It’s the same multi-player fun you wasted hours on in the good old days, except you’re (hopefully) not in your parent’s basement anymore! Also you can compete with friends and gamers around the world with a wi-fi connection.
• The “Wiimote” has a bad habit of not aiming properly at the worst possible times.
• Long cut-scenes to sit through that you can’t skip over.
• The Deluxe Edition of the game comes bundled with a golden version of the Wii Classic Controller. While it’s awesome for virtual console games on the Wii, it makes aiming awkward in Goldeneye. Stick with the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo.
The Verdict: Say goodbye to your friends and loved ones! Once you start into the new Goldeneye they won’t be seeing a whole lot of you for the next couple weeks.