Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jay is getting Not Fat

I know you can't tell by looking at me, but I'm not a gym guy.

That's actually sarcasm. You can totally tell that by looking at me. The first clue is the powdered sugar all over my face and shirt from the donut I just crammed into my mouth . I look like someone dusted me for prints.

So, yeah, not a gym guy. I've tried it in the past, but never stick with it, and I'll telll you exactly why. Intimidation. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. You go to a gym and see some piece of machinery and you're just supposed to know how to use it? Not likely, and who are you going to ask? The scary looking guy who looks like he could lift the whole gym? No. How about the intense looking guy who has veins sticking out all over the place. Or perhaps the super tone, very attractive woman on the treadmill?

No. She's going to mace me if I do that.


So, rather than go and look awkward in front of a bunch of strangers, I stay home and eat cake. Delicious, yummy cake.

Bad decision, I know. Don't judge me.

So, I may have entered ProAgression Fitness Centre with some hesitation, and perhaps even fear. After all, it's just another gym right?

Well, no actually. The place is jam packed with awesome. The thing I've recieved at Pro Ag that I haven't gotten anywhere else is guidance and coaching. I get to hang out with Dave for an hour or so everytime I go. Dave knows his stuff, but doesn't lord that over you. For a guy like Dave to be working with a slug like me is like Superman running laps with....well, with me. Dave is well within his rights to get frustrated with me, but the thing is, he doesn't. He realistically evaluates where I am, and where I want to be, and works WITH me to get there. And the guy is super patient. Don't get me wrong, he's not taking it easy on me. I leave there feeling it everytime I go. But if I need to catch my breath after doing something particularily tough, I get to catch my breath. Dave gets it.

So far, I'm having lots of fun, and I know I'm on my way to getting not fat. Hope you can make it out to join me.

www.proagressivefitness.com

Rawk.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment